The belt-driven Scott SUB 10 bike features an internally geared 8-speed hub, hydraulic disc brakes and bold style for all-around riding in populous areas.
● Butted 6061 aluminum frame offers a sturdy, nimble ride for navigating city streets; flat handlebar creates a comfortable, upright riding position
● Shimano Alfine internally geared rear hub provides 8 smooth-shifting gears and is low-maintenance compared to conventional cassette systems
● Gates Belt Drive uses a carbon-reinforced belt instead of a chain—this system is exceptionally long lasting, virtually maintenance free and nearly silent
● Belt Drive system doesn't require lubrication, meaning no greasy chain; split dropout and eccentric bottom bracket facilitate easy replacement and tensioning of belt
● Shimano Alfine RapidFire trigger shifter quickly snaps through the 8 gears
● Sure-stopping Shimano hydraulic disc brakes work effectively in all weather conditions and use CenterLock rotors
● Continental Sport Contact tires offer great all-around rolling performance and puncture protection for urban use
● Just get on and ride, no fancy shoes required—platform pedals accommodate a variety of shoes
● Frame also features eyelets for fenders and rear rack (sold separately)
● Specs on the Scott SUB 10 bike are subject to change
After its initial break-in period you might notice your bicycle performing less responsively than the day you brought it home. Not to worry, this is typical of all new bicycles and simply reflects that cables have stretched or their housings have seated themselves into final position. To keep running at peak performance, all REI bicycles come with a FREE warranty tune-up, which should be accomplished between the first 100-200 miles of riding or after the first two months if you're accumulating miles less quickly. Contact your nearest REI bike shop for details and an appointment for this important service.