Cruise in style and comfort aboard the Electra Townie 7D step-through women's bike. It's super-easy to mount and dismount, and offers a comfortable, laid-back ride.
● Flat Foot Technology™ geometry places rider upright for comfortable, heads-up positioning; aft positioning allows a rider to place both feet on the ground at a stop
● The result is a low center of gravity, full leg extension and increased comfort—somewhat similar to the recumbent bike at your gym
● Ergonomic saddle with elastomer bumpers offers a comfortable, shock-absorbent ride
● Shimano Revo shifter and rear derailleur provide smooth shifting through 7 gears
● Linear-pull brakes provide controlled deceleration for easy stopping
● Semi-slick 26x2.0 tires ensure a smooth and stable ride over a variety of road or gravel surfaces
● Platform pedals deliver total convenience—no special shoes required
● One size fits most
● Specs are subject to change
Fitting an Electra bike is easy. Start by setting the saddle to its lowest position and then stand over it with both feet flat on the ground. Next, simply raise the saddle until it rests in the crotch. Tighten it in place, and that's it—you're done! After an initial break-in period you might notice your bicycle performing less responsively than the day you brought it home. Not to worry, this is typical of all new bicycles and simply reflects that cables have stretched or their housings have seated themselves into final position. To keep running at peak performance, all REI bicycles come with a FREE warranty tune-up, which should be accomplished between the first 100-200 miles of riding or after the first two months if you're accumulating miles less quickly. Contact your nearest REI bike shop for details and an appointment for this important service.