The SteriPEN Adventurer Opti water purifier is equipped with a new optical water sensor for reliable performance so you can enjoy clean, purified water on the go.
● From 2011 Backpacker Editors’ Choice awards: “Our testers have tried every water-treatment method available, and for most trips and conditions, this one beats them all”
● SteriPEN Opti features an optical water sensor that detects whether or not the device is in water and only allows the UV lamp to activate when the SteriPEN is immersed
● After pressing the button to activate the SteriPEN, immerse the lamp and optical sensor; the UV lamp will then activate and emit UV light and visible blue light
● Optical sensor doubles as a backup LED flashlight that can be handy when walking to the stream to get water; operate flashlight with SteriPEN cap in place to protect the lamp
● Adventurer Opti requires no pumping, chemicals, test strips, extended time-keeping or filters; leaves no aftertaste, will not clog and does not require lubrication
● Innovative SteriPEN system uses UV light rays instead of chemicals to purify water for drinking
● Ultraviolet (UV-C) light rays safely sterilize clear water by destroying 99.99% of protozoa (including Giardia and Cryptosporidia ), bacteria and even viruses
● Long used by municipal water districts and bottling companies, low-level UV-C light treats water safely, and unit's light will not damage eyes or skin when used properly
● SteriPEN protects you from risks that cause botulism, cholera, dysentery and typhoid, just to name a few
● SteriPEN Adventurer Opti is simple to use: just press a button and gently agitate the water with a quick stir
● Purifies 16 fl. oz. of water (cold or warm) in less than a minute, or 32 fl. oz. in a minute and a half
● Small size fits most containers—use it in cups, mugs, water bottles and canteens; carries easily in a shirt pocket
● SteriPEN Adventurer Opti turns itself off once ultraviolet treatment is complete; light source can be used up to 8,000 times!
● Watertight seals keep water away from the electronics; rubberized coating ensures secure handling in wet conditions
● Low-power indicator lets you know when batteries need replacing; screw-off cap permits easy battery access
● Use only on clear water, as cloudy, sediment-laden water hinders effectiveness; FitsAll prefilter (sold separately) clears particulates and debris from water
● SteriPEN Adventurer Opti includes 2 nonrechargeable lithium CR123 batteries; SteriPEN does not recommend the use of alkaline batteries, as they provide very few treatments
● SteriPEN recommends the use of name-brand CR123 lithium batteries with a capacity of 800 milliamp hours (mAh) or greater, such as Duracell, Energizer and Panasonic
● SteriPEN Adventurer Opti water purifier includes a neoprene carrying case with belt loop
SteriPEN water purifiers meet U.S. Environmental Protection Agency standards for microbiological water purifiers and have been independently tested by the Oregon Health Sciences University and the universities of Arizona and Maine. For complete test results visit www.steripen.com.
Please Note: This item contains a lithium battery and cannot be shipped to APO, FPO, U.S. Territories, international destinations or Hawaii, and are only available for in-store pickup in Alaska.