The ultimate adventure-touring cycle, Safari rides on—even when the pavement runs out!
● Kinesis aluminum double-butted frame is strong yet lightweight; chromoly, double-butted fork is built for solid steering under heavy loads
● 27-speed drivetrain is designed for ease of use and reliability with low maintenance; ideal for the loads and long distances of touring
● SRAM Attack shifters offer easy, intuitive shifting; Shimano disc brakes provide dependable stopping power in all kinds of conditions
● ATS adjustable stem gives you a precise fit; handlebars allow a variety of hand positions
● Durable Alex DP17 rims are mounted with Vittoria Randonneur tires for excellent performance on- or off-road
● Fizik Nisene saddle and Kalloy microadjustable seatpost create a smooth riding experience
● Comes ready to travel with a sturdy aluminum rear rack
● Please note: Sizes Small (15 in. frame) and Medium (17 in.) have 26 in. wheels; sizes Large (19 in.) and X Large (21 in.) have 29 in. wheels.
● The two smaller-sized frames utilize 26 in. wheels in order to optimize fit and versatility for smaller riders
● Specs are subject to change
After its initial break-in period you might notice your bicycle performing less responsively than the day you brought it home. Not to worry, this is typical of all new bicycles and simply reflects that cables have stretched or their housings have seated themselves into final position. To keep running at peak performance, all REI bicycles come with a FREE warranty tune-up, which should be accomplished between the first 100-200 miles of riding or after the first two months if you're accumulating miles less quickly. Contact your nearest REI bike shop for details and an appointment for this important service.