Recognition from Glassdoor
REI is the highest-rated retailer on Glassdoor’s Top 50 Best Places to Work list for 2013, through its Employees’ Choice Awards.
The Employees’ Choice Awards are determined by Glassdoor’s anonymous company survey. Now in its fifth year, the survey asks employees to rate their satisfaction with the company overall, and key workplace factors like career opportunities, compensation and benefits, work/life balance, senior management, as well as culture and values.
The list is compiled using Glassdoor’s proprietary algorithm, and the overall ranking determined according to each company’s overall Glassdoor rating.
What Puts REI Among the Best in America?
Here's just a sampling of the rewards for working at REI:
● A retirement plan that doesn't require individual contributions.
● Health-care benefits for all, including part-time employees.
● Gear discounts and free gear rentals.
● Encouragement of work/life balance.
● Outdoor-focused culture that encourages outdoor activity as an extension of our business.
● Camaraderie, open communication and opportunity for advancement.
● Gear grants to take on personal outdoor challenges.
● Community involvement and support for outdoor-focused clubs and non-profit organizations.
● Incentive pay program.